SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. They are recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, the company operates a network of more than 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
The organisation mostly utilises FCM for the booking of international and domestic air travel as well as hotel accommodation.
- One of SGS’s major challenges was getting support after business hours. Therefore partnering with a new agency that could offer SGS personal service was a major priority for them 24/7.
- They previously experienced problems streamlining their visa process, particularly getting these completed and approved on time.
- Travellers were incurring large charges for change fees to air reservations and also having to cancel international meetings because visas were not processed in time for their trips.
- Documents were incomplete for visa applications and often returned to the traveller or co-ordinators.
- FCM Pakistan had to collate information from all their top destinations to ensure they knew the correct information required for visa applications and the deadlines for submission to meet tight submissions.
SGS required a professional travel company that had processes in place to ensure a smooth reservation process for its travellers who could also manage the visa application system in an efficient way. A number of tactics were taken by FCM Pakistan including:
- Key meetings were held with stakeholders within in the business to understand their needs, expectations and travel patterns.
- Implemented a dedicated team of two consultants for SGS Pakistan to handle their reservations and also improved the visa application process for the travel arrangers and travellers.
- Road shows were arranged for travel arrangers to educate them on booking processes and visa requirements.
- One to one explanation of the documentation required and the minimal amount of days required for visas to be processed at Embassies were provided by FCM and have been used frequently by the top travellers.
- FCM Pakistan has helped save SGS approximately $250,000 on its travel program.
- 90% reduction in trips being cancelled due to visa applications.
- 75% decrease in cancellation charges and penalties for hotels and flights.
- Clear communication between FCM Pakistan, the travellers and co-ordinators at SGS.
The SGS Pakistan response
“FCM has always provided excellent services to SGS for domestic, international, hotel and visa applications. A greater level of service than we had ever experienced before.”
Shahnaz Lalani Secretary to Managing Director