RasGas is one of the world’s premier integrated liquefied natural gas enterprises with a strong reputation for safe practices and reliability delivering on their clients’ needs. With a large travel program comprising domestic and international travel, meetings and events, ticketing, car hire, group bookings and leisure services, the organisation is one of FCM Qatar’s key clients.
- The structure of RasGas internally means that the travel management company must be able to cater to different departments with often greatly varying and unique requirements/dedication for different projects.
- RasGas make great use of the leisure booking services provided by FCM and as such, view with equal importance the need for impeccable service delivery for these personal travel bookings. These include handling holiday packages with end to end requirements for family travel.
- Need to streamline and negotiate better rates for hotel bookings plus personalised services for upgrades etc.
- MICE requirements for both large and strategic meetings and events as well as smaller meetings.
- Escalation management with measurable results.
RasGas required a professional travel company that had processes in place to ensure a smooth reservation process for its travellers as well as managing complex meetings and events requirements including large groups. A number of tactics were taken by FCM Qatar including:
- FCM Qatar implemented three implant offices at different locations within RasGas to cater for their unique requirements with dedicated staff assigned for each project/department.
- A Dedicated team to handle only offshore bookings was also implemented, this includes rotation of crew members with expertise and knowledge in handling these travel requests.
- Dedicated staff to handle only VIP travel requests.
- A designated staff member was assigned to handle the hotel bookings with personalised attention and care for their family travel.
- Discounted rates and airline deals negotiated for corporate travel are made available for personal travel as well as per the travel management contract and agreement with airlines. A dedicated travel to handle the complete requirements for group bookings (air, hotels, visas, car, sightseeing etc), which includes sourcing the right hotels considering convenience, cost and other factors.
- Negotiating better rates from the airlines for group bookings and saving the cost.
- Negotiating hotel rates as per the preferred list of hotels for competitive rates with flexible policies.
- Conducted road shows for holiday products in order create awareness with exclusive promotions and packages as per their preferred destinations of choice.
- Facilitated joint airline meetings to get best airline deals on board.
- Regular review meetings held with the client to assess the overall performance of services, intelligence reports, customer survey program, data management etc.
- Cost saving of approximately 7% (in excess of USD 1 million) on overall travel spend with better negotiation from airlines, hotels and sourcing the best hotel rates on case basis apart from the deals through rate comparison from various sources.
- Smooth operations with travel desks meeting and exceeded service level agreements resulting in positive testimonials from travellers.
- Streamlined travel process assessed at regular review meetings with the client has resulted in saved time for travel managers.
- All service issues resolved within 48 hrs and officially recorded.
- Overall escalations of issues less than 1% in proportion to the number of transactions.
- Ease of process and one point of contact for all travel bookings.
The RasGas response
“FCM Travel Solutions provide outstanding service and Account Management. Their customer service is unmatched in the industry. I always find good travel options at competitive prices which makes FCM my favourite corporate travel agency.”
Abdullah H Al-Khater Asset Manager Manufacturing Department RasGas Company Limited